Winter 2019 is a wonderful time to buy at Lake Oconee
The general wisdom is that Spring is always to best time to buy a new home. Well, usually it is, but the Winter Season is a productive buying time for its own reasons. You can’t argue with these points:
1. If Spring brings out the most buyers, why not start your new home search during the Winter when there is a smaller number of Buyers! Fewer buyers makes Sellers anxious to sell.
2. Winter buyers are more serious buyers, they are not just “lookers”. Winter Sellers are more motivated. Their houses have been for sale during the peak season and didn’t sell. Now, they are really ready to be realistic and get the property sold!
3. Winter prices are softer. Home prices follow a seasonal pattern at Lake Oconee, highest in Spring, and trending down by the end of the summer. Closings during the Winter months provide the best discount for buyers.
4. Winter mortgage rates are more attractive. Especially this year, the 2019 morgage rates just dipped again! Hurry and lock in one of these low rates.
5. Winter lawns may not have the best curb appeal, but Winter is the best time of the year to measure the proper functioning of the roof, HVAC systems, and the waterproofing of the foundation.
6. Perhaps the best indicator of Lake Oconee’s hot market is that starting this Fall, 2019 potential buyers have been flocking to Lake Oconee in search of a new home that will be in their possession before Spring and Summer 2020! Plan ahead for your family to start the warm weather enjoyment of beautiful Lake Oconee.
Come for a visit and experience the Buyer’s Market at Lake Oconee!
We will find the homes or lots that fit your pocketbook!
Call Suzie or Jim, RE/MAX Lake Country