Many homes in the Lake Oconee area are upscale. The actual definition of the Luxury Market differs according to the location. The usual determination of the Luxury Market is the top 20% of the homes for sale at the time. At Lake Oconee this season that would start with the homes valued in the $700,000s, and go up into the millions of dollars. Also, however, there are certain features that Luxury Buyers want to see in a high-priced home that they purchase. Sellers getting ready to sell want to know which home improvements would make their homes sell faster and for more money in the high-end market. I recently did research using the internet, books, and observations of Lake Oconee homes on the market to report the following list of features that help sell a Luxury home.
1. Privacy-Most upscale buyers want a home that will provide privacy. Ones next to a preserve, on the waterfront, or situated on a large lot are the most desirable.
2. Chef’s Kitchen– It is true that the kitchen is the most important room that attracts buyers to a home! These days, buyers want a
kitchen outfitted with the top-of-the-line appliances such as Sub-Zero, Jenn-Air, Viking, Wolf, and Bosch. Even better, a kitchen with multiples of these appliances like dishwashers, refrigerators, ovens, make cooking easier. Granite and stainless steel are still popular!
In the kitchen pictured to the left, some appliances have doors covered with wood identical to the cabinets.
3. Outdoor Living Areas– Providing entertaining and living areas out-of-doors is a draw in Lake Oconee’s temperate climate. Saltwater pools with waterfalls, outdoor kitchens, fire pits, even cabanas extend the livability of a home.
4. Whole Home Technology– People want the ability to control their home security systems, as well as the lights, temperature, music, and pool features with a touch to their cell phones.
5. Custom Fitted Closets– A large dressing room/closet of the master suite should be fitted to display shoes and accessories, and have plenty of mirrors and lighting to help the lady of the house get ready for her day.
Other luxury features I found mentioned in my research are 3+ car garages, work-out rooms, home offices, wine cellars, spa-like bathrooms, and waterfront lots.
The home improvements that would pay for themselves and help sell your luxury homes probably would be ones that update the kitchen or bathroom, outdoor living areas, closet improvement, or whole-house technology wiring. All photos in this blog today are from homes currently for sale at Lake Oconee. Which feature do you like the most?
Create some of these improvements to make your home “luxurious”! For advice in staging a home for sale in the luxury market, call Suzie Hudson 706-347-1115, or
Jim Hudson, 706-453-6253
Home Search: LookatLakeOconee.com
Sign up to receive new Look@LakeOconee blog posts by entering your email below right.