This year the Winter is a good time to buy a new home at Lake Oconee!
The general wisdom is that Spring is always to best time to buy a new home. Well, usually it is, but the Winter Season is a productive buying time for its own reasons. You can’t argue with these points:
1. If Spring brings out the most buyers, why not time a new home search during the Winter when there is a smaller number of buyers, and one can more easily get the attention from the seller?
2. Winter buyers are more serious buyers, they are not just “lookers”. Winter sellers are more motivated. Their houses have been for sale during the peak season and didn’t sell. Now, they are really ready to be realistic and get the property sold!
3. Winter prices are softer. Home prices follow a seasonal pattern at Lake Oconee, highest in Spring, and trending down by the end of the summer. Closings during the Winter months provide the best discount for buyers.
4. Winter mortgage rates are more attractive. Especially this year, buyers expect mortgage rates to rise soon, so want to lock in the lowest rates.
5. Winter lawns may not have the best curb appeal, but Winter is the best time of the year to measure the proper functioning of the roof, HVAC systems, and the waterproofing of the foundation. This year’s record rainfall has affected many homes.
6. Perhaps the best indicator of Lake Oconee’s hot market is that starting in December 2015, potential buyers have been flocking to Lake Oconee in search of a new home that will be in their possession before Spring and Summer! Come get a bargain Lake Oconee home before the crowd gets here!
New Listing: 216 River Lake Drive
Other RE/MAX Listings that are ready to be sold. Follow here with links:
1115 Wharfside Court $349,000
1101 Harbor Ridge Drive $275,000
2032 C.M. Copeland Road $324,900
1220 Armor Point $1,249,000
1081 Katherine Lane $464,500
1570 Shady Oak Lane $159,900
109 Forest Ridge Drive $155,900
854A Harmony Road $289,000
111 Lakemore Drive $449,900
New Listing! 504 W Elm Street $89,500
If you are looking for a Lake Oconee Home, call us and we’ll tour the available homes for sale with an eye on the bargains, ones to buy now, and plan for the future.
Contact us at RE/MAX Lake Oconee
Suzie Hudson 706-347-1115, or Jim Hudson, 706-453-6253.
Home Search: LookatLakeOconee.com
Sign up to receive new Look@LakeOconee blog posts by entering your email below right.
Pinterest: SuzieHudson Realtor