People who vacation at Lake Oconee often wonder about Things to Do around Lake Oconee when the children get tired of swimming, or when the husbands are playing golf, or fishing.
Below are special Summer Activities around the Lake
Many children’s activities are centered around the Crooked Pines Farm
- Kid’s Camps each week during July, ages 5-12
- Film Nights: outdoor movies on Thursday nights during July
July 3 – ARRIVAL, Cuscowilla (ABBA Tribute) Oconee Performing Arts -details at Oconee Performing Arts
July 18- A1A, Plaza Arts Center (Jimmy Buffet Tribute)-details at Plaza Arts Center
August 15- Music Under the Pines, details Crooked Pines Farm
August 22 –Matt Rogers Band Plaza Arts Center- details at Plaza Arts Center
Education: Paula Deen Class: Canvas, Corks, and Cuisine – August 7-9 Plaza Arts Center. Friday– Art instruction and hands-on event with Paula Deen and Jim Richards, Saturday– Brunch and demonstration with Paula Deen and Chef Schmidt. Tickets, Plaza Arts Center Proceeds go to charity
July 4th Activities
July 3, 7:00 PM, Annual Independence Day Picnic and Free Concert Madison-Morgan Cultural Center
July 3, The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Fireworks, dusk*
July 4, Great Waters, Fireworks, dusk
* The location of the Ritz and Great Waters fireworks are for members and patrons only, but the fireworks may be viewed from the lake by boat, or on many local roads, bridges and marinas
- Fireworks Over Lake Oconee
- Living here at Lake Oconee is like a vacation! There is always something fun to do, even though we enjoy a relaxed pace. Come visit and see local property for sale. Now is a great time to buy before the mortgage rates and the home prices rise.
For more information, call Suzie (706-347-1115) or Jim Hudson (706-453-6253) with RE/MAX Lake Oconee. We have the key to all the homes listed in our Multiple Listing Service.
RE/MAX Lake Oconee 706-454-7777
Home Search: LookatLakeOconee
Pinterest: SuzieHudson Realtor